Wednesday, November 18, 2009

She Did It!!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you...


Jade has dance once a week on Tuesdays. She also has school on Tuesday. I dread Tuesday! Jade has a hard time with school and dance. She hates to be left alone. She does better when I walk out the door. Her teacher tells me all the time she does well about 10 seconds after I leave. Which by the way really doesn't make me feel good. When it comes to going to dance, she says she has a tummy ache or she her head hurts. I can't believe that a 4 year old has figured that out already. I didn't figure that out until I was in the third grade. Yesterday, I took her to her dance and they started to talk about the "performance". When is the performance?
Tomorrow...... Oh I knew that.... I will be judged on that later. I had instant stress. How is Jade going to handle this? I came to the conclusion that she wasn't going to perform. Matter of fact! I was telling her all day that she dances just like Beyonce. Without the legs, hair, and tan. But, Jade can shake her booty just like her. I handed her off to her second mom at dance. It's her teacher that I have pawned off Jade too. She is very motherly (she can't be more than 19) and is really good with her. They practice breathing in the beginning of class to calm her down. Yes, she is the only one inhaling and exhaling with the teacher in the corner.
I went and found my seat and my hands were sweating, my heart was pounding out of my chest. I was scouting my route to the stage to grab her before she would pass out. I told my family that my kid is like Kevin in Parenthood. They are one in the same. She came onto stage and I saw her lip starting to pout. All of us starting yelling her name. She saw us and it was all smiles. I have never been happier or prouder. Not to mention thankful I didn't break out in hives. She did awesome. Oh by the way... I owe my brother in law $2.00. I bet she wouldn't do it. I am glad I lost. It was worth it.

3 comments:

JJ said...

Congratulations Jade! I know how that first one is and it's always a relief to get through it. She looks beautiful!

Katie said...

And she looked darn good up there ;)

meg said...

What a cutie! And you should know to never to bet against Jade!

Happy Thanksgiving!