Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Class of 2024

Here we go...... My oldest is doing the unthinkable- in my mind. She is going to start the process. The Big K.
I was thankful for her teacher on the first day. We went to her class and had to do a scavenger hunt. Basically, it walked her through her day and showed her what she is going to be doing on a daily basis. We were only there for 30 minutes tops. It gave her a little extra chance to get more comfortable with her teacher. Mind you, her teacher sent an email saying she didn't have one tear shed last year, and she was going for two years in a row. I thought to myself- My kid is going to ruin this streak.
Everyone knows I have an emotional child. I love this about her and I embrace it... It is part of her personality. But, it is on days like this one that I want to throw up. I would love a Xanax myself. I feel her pain. All my memories come back to me of the first day of school and how I would make myself sick.

It's getting closer.... So far, so good.... Jade is saying, "Mom no pictures."
Me: "Get over it Jade. There is no way I won't."
Jade: Giggles
Me: "Jade turn around."

This is what I got.

Here it comes.....
Jade: "No pictures, mom!"
Me: "OK"

I can't resist

The teacher says, "OK kids, blow a kiss to your mom and dad".

Jade starts clawing at me like a caged animal. Finally I asked the teacher to take her by the hand.
Jade saw these pictures and wanted me to delete them. She even grabbed my phone and tried.

We picked her up and celebrated at Leo's. Idaho Falls's version of Chucky Cheese. "HELL".

But, we came home to this:
Aunt Katie, Izzy, and Cam Cam left this for her. You are the best. It made her day.
It is now hanging in our garage waiting for her tomorrow.
Hopefully with no tears and all smiles.

No comments: